Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flying Solo (with 3 kids)

Well I didn't pick a very good thing for my first outing with the kids. But, then again I didn't have a chose. Elisea needed her ultrasound today at 12:10. Great time, since the kids are usually napping and that is when Elisea has been eating.

We left a little early and picked up Wendy's on the way. Then we played on the playground at the hospital since we were a little early. It was a nice day and kids enjoyed playing outside.

We were on time, but still had to wait for an hour. The kids did really good. Once in the room they were loosing their patience and were getting really tired. Ethan kept saying I don't want to wait here all day. Elisea didn't enjoy the ultrasound very much since she had to be naked and the tech was holding her leg still. Then the doctor came in and also looked at her hip with the ultrasound machine. He said that her right hip is not formed the same and there is a minor problem. He said that they will send the results to Schwieterman and we will decide with him what to do. We may have to see an orthopedic surgeon. Worse case she may have to wear a brace.

I'm thankful that it is a minor case. Andrew is a little worried, but that is what he does best. We will just be praying that God will heal the problem and that she will not need anything major done.

The kids feel asleep on the way home and now it is nice a quiet. We have AWANA tonight so hopefully I have the energy for that, I know Ethan will. Interesting enough Ethan's verse for tonight is Prov 3:5 Trust in the Lord, what a great reminder for me today. He already had a plan for Elisea and we just have to trust Him.

No comments: