Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Long Weekend

Andrew took another Friday off, partly because our 9th anniversary was on Thursday. Whew, 9 years that went by fast. We celebrated by going out to breakfast and a trip to the zoo. Andrew and I use to (before we had kids) go out for breakfast on Saturday morning at a little resturant down the road, Nine Mile. I told him that is were I wanted him to take me, so we loaded up the family and off we went. The kids did really good. Ethan loved the "huge" pancake and Elizabeth ate her egg and 2 of my pieces of toast plus some of the the huge pancake.

After breakfast we headed to the zoo. It was a nice day and since school is starting it was not very busy. Of course we looked at the animals and then enjoyed a little cool down in the fountains. We ran into Mark and Hannah Bingamon at the zoo, from our old church. It brought back a lot of memories, mostly bad. I still think about some of the people at Oak Park and wonder how things are going for them. North Park is so different and refreshing. We are all so happy that the Lord led us to North Park and are growing in our walk with the Him. It has been so good for the kids to have great classes and activities and kids their own ages. Ethan has really come out of his shell. Anyways back to the weekend. We set up the tent and all slept out in the back yard. Ethan saw us getting out the tent and was excited, especially when we got the poles up. "It's a tent" he yelled out. The kids had a blast and were up talking and giggling till 11pm.

Saturday:
Andrew had his softball tournament, so that took most of Saturday. We did end the night with a nice dinner on the patio, another beautiful cool evening. Andrew and Ethan spent another night in the tent, us girls slept inside. I think two late nights in a row would be too much for Elizabeth.

Sunday:
Recovery day. Pizza Hut lunch after church (the kids ate 2 plates of fruit and 3 pieces of pizza each). I took a rare 2 hour afternoon nap. Elisea had been up at night every three hours over the weekend, so I was pretty tired. I hate when they do that, just when they start sleeping through the night. Little stinker!

No comments: