Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ethan's Olympic Dreams

Ethan came to the top of the steps tonight about 9pm and asked for his kids CD to be turned up. He must have heard me snapping beans because he said "Mommy are you snapping beans?" "Can I help". I told him he could come down and help for a little bit. It was nice to have the company since Andrew was in Michigan for the night. He was very interested in the diving and gymnastics I was watching on TV. He really liked watching the divers jumping and making a big splash. He was almost hypnotized by the Olympics and said he could go off the diving board like that when he gets bigger. I guess he will have to learn to swim a little better before he starts diving. He was a very good helper snapping the beans.

Some other funny Ethan updates:

1. He was standing at the top of the steps at bedtime yelling "I have to pee pee!", while giggling with Elizabeth. I went up and said "you know the rules in this house about yelling at bedtime and bothering Elizabeth and that he should not be breaking the rules of this house". To which he replied "I'm going to break the house?"

2. At our nightly Bible reading we were reading about how the Israelites disobeyed and now they were going to have to make sacrifices for their sins. The story also talked about how God sees our heart and if we are really sorry for the wrong things we do. I was trying to explain this to Ethan, to help him try to understand sin and how God sees our heart. He was listening because he wanted to know "how does he see in our heart". I went on explaining that God sees everything, which is why we always want to obey God's laws. I'm really deep in the explaining and I'm thinking he is really paying attention, when he turns to me and says "mommy look there is your cell phone!" We had been looking for it earlier in the day. Oh well!!

3. Ethan has been memorizing the 23 Psalm this month. He is doing a great job. He has up to verse 3 done. But don't ask him to say it to you because he will only say it to mommy or daddy.

No comments: