We of course had the birthday party on Friday.
On Saturday we went to Mrs. Ruble's and picked up some fire wood that was cut last time Becky was here. Ethan came with Andrew and I. It was nice to have the company and he was happy to play in the dirt most of the time. We did get a FULL trailer load of wood. Andrew thinks we will only need one more for the year. Saturday night we picked beans, again! Becky became the target of the water balloon fight, which was fun for the boys. Ethan had a great time getting Grandma Becky wet, he had been waiting all week for that.
Sunday we did a little more bean snapping and canning and some relaxing around the house. Ethan wanted to get the pool cleaned out and play so he could practice his diving. I asked if he wanted me to put the pool at the end of their slide. Of course he thought this would be a great idea. Andrew held the hose at the top of the slide and down they went. It was great fun watching them fly down the slide and splash into the water. Even Elizabeth went down the slide and splashed. The water was freezing but they didn't seem to mind, till the pool got really full. They were giggling and splashing, it was so cute. Elizabeth wanted me to hold her hand and would wait at the top saying "Mommy... hop (help)...told (cold)".

Splash
Elisea was thrilled by the Thomas plate.Monday we had our church Labor Day Picnic. It was GREAT food, barbecued chicken (port-a-pit style), corn on the cob, and chips. Surprisingly enough Ethan ate a ton of the chicken, just kept shoving it in. This is a huge deal for him. Elizabeth also ate a lot of chicken and they both had a bag of chips and a ice cream bar. There was games and bubbles for the kids, which gave Andrew and I a chance to visit with some of our friends. I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but we love our new church. Elisea did great on the way there, had a nap on her blanket in the shade and did great on the way home. Now that is what I call a successful family outing. YEAH!!!!! We got home with enough time for some more sliding into the pool. In fact when I came into the house there is Ethan standing in the kitchen naked. I asked him "honey what are you doing, where are your clothes?" "I want to go play outside on the slide", was his reply. "Well get your swimsuit on" was my reply. Elizabeth wasn't so eager to go down the slide tonight, but played on her new swing and in the sandbox.
Another great weekend.
Another great weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment