Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Day on the Hawk Dunes

We had such a wonderful day yesterday. The weather was just awesome to be outside. Andrew tilled the garden (which took all day) and got a load of sand to put on the garden. The kids were in heaven playing on the big "sand dune" on the trailer. Elisea played on a blanket outside and took 2 really good naps.

Digging and sliding in the sand.

I've got work to do Mommy.

Dirty feet
They played on it all day. I was able to get the tomato plants pulled out and pulled most the green tomatoes off the plants. Other then that I didn't do any work yesterday. It was so nice to sit and enjoy playing with the kids. They didn't even take naps because they were having such a great time in the sand. Elizabeth did get sand in her eye but I got her to stop rubbing in finally and she wore her sunglasses he rest of the day.

Cool shades

After Andrew got all the weeds tilled he unloaded the trailer with the tractor. Then he rigged up a redneck way to spread the sand around the sand with the four wheeler and some old fencing. I think the pictures give you an idea. It worked really well and Ethan was laughing with delight going around in circle really fast.Let's ride

Round and round we go

Elizabeth and I watched the boys on the four wheeler. It was nice to just sit with her and spend time just holding and snuggling with her. I think these days will end too soon for me.


As I said before it was just a wonderful day.

No comments: