Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lists

I love to make lists/goals and then check them off when they are completed. I get some type of thrill when I check an item off the list. I made some lists of goals for the summer, things I wanted to accomplish. I was pretty discouraged the other day when I looked at the list and realized I didn't checked many off. I talking to Andrew about this to which he replied, "Adelphia you got the canning done, a quilt make, and dealt with a screaming baby, plus all the normal stuff around here". "I think that is pretty good for a summer." I guess he is right but I still feel I didn't get enough done this summer. I feel like time is just slipping through and I can't caught it.

So, I decided instead I should make lists of the things I did do each month. If I look at that then I would think, wow I got a lot done. I'm by no means trying to brag or show off here. This is really for my own benefit.

"Got Done" summer list:
  1. tilled the garden most weeks
  2. canned 90 qts of beans
  3. canned49 qts of peaches
  4. made squash baby food
  5. canned (and still canning) tomatoes and pears
  6. taught Ethan Psalm 23
  7. got Elisea to take 2 (sometimes 3) naps a day
  8. helped with Adventure week
  9. got Elisea's quilt top done
  10. scrapbooks a good amount of pages
  11. started a Blog
  12. paid the bills on time
  13. had dinner every night
  14. kept the house pretty clean (at least there was a path most days)
  15. made many new friends at our church picnics
  16. got caught up on my Bible reading
  17. read 100s of books to the kids
  18. played with my kids everyday
  19. camped in the backyard a few times
  20. went to the zoo a few times
I'm sure I could go on. I hope to continue these lists of reflection instead of lists of expectations. The lists stress me out more then help me!

No comments: