"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before his with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."
We usually go to the Schells for Thanksgiving, but with Ethan being sick we are at home. Each year Mr. Schell gives a short devotional and then we all go around and share what we are most thankful for. Most of the time each story is emotional and some crying is not uncommon, but each one is ceneterd around God and his goodness to us. It is wonderful to see how God is working in everyone's life. Since I won't be able to share with them, I will share here.
Today I'm thankful for...
- GOD.... and his goodness to us. He has been so mighty and revealed so much to me this past year through so many things; a miscarriage and then the healthy birth of Elisea, a great new church family, a wonderful new support system of friends from North Park, continued provision with Andrew's job, His work in my life through the Holy Spirit to grow my love and understanding of who God is.
- My wonderful husband and great kids. They all can be frustrating, can't we all, but they are all so precious to me and I love the family that God has blessed me with. Andrew is just a great husband and dad and has really become a wonderful spiritual leader. I love watching him grow in the knowledge of God this year and reading faithfully his Bible every morning. Our three wonderful kids are just perfect and healthy. Ethan is a great big brother and just loves his sisters so much. He is my little helper and so funny. Elizabeth is just a ray of sunshine and brightens up the whole house. She can be a little ball of energy, but I know someone else who was as well. Elisea has become a smiley, happy baby who we all love. She is such a joy to us and we have really loved watching her grow.
- North Park Church. We have grown so much from the teaching. We just love all our friends there and have really formed some wonderful relationships with fellow believers.
- A wonderful Thanksgiving at home, the home God has so graciously provided for us.
- This Blog which helps me record the precious memories that are being made every day. The kids are growing so fast and I love the fact that I can record all the great times that we are having to cherish now and later. It is also such a blessing to read others Blogs and see how God is working in their lives as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment