We had a great Christmas morning. It was a little bit crazy at times, but what isn't crazy with 3 kids. Andrew and I got up before the kids and got breakfast ready. We made sticky bun this year instead of cinnamon roll...yummy....new family favorite. The kids were really excited once they saw all the presents around the tree.
Ethan was really into opening the presents, pausing only when he got a lego set, some Thomas books, and a matchbox car race track. I think those were the highlights for him. Elizabeth was a little more slow with the opening and was interesting in what Ethan was opening and would open one and play with it for a long time. The highlights for her were a Little People pet salon, a strawberry shortcake doll with horse, and a tea set. Elisea was very interesting in the paper. It was a full time job keeping paper out of her mouth. Her favorite was Elizabeth's oreo cookie matching game, Elizabeth's bucket of playdough and the paper. She was into everything, I think she is going to be a little stinker. I forgot how much work a "crawling" baby is. They cann't be trusted for a minute. Andrew kept feeding her puffs. He said it was better then her eating the paper, I think he had a point. The kids really got into feeding her the puffs. Just what she needs...more food.
By then of the present opening the living room looked like a Toys 'R' Us store. We spent the rest of the morning playing (in our pajamas) with all the new toys and around 11 Andrew and I opened our presents from each other. We had some help from the kids. It was a really fun morning together. It was so nice to just sit and play with the kids and not do anything else.
------------------------------------------------------------
Grandma Becky made it up around 2. We had a early dinner or maybe it was a late lunch. Our traditional ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, and pumpkin pie. After we ate, round 2 of present opening began. The girls got some really cute dresses and clothes and Ethan got a Thomas lego set and some Troublesome Trucks cars. It was a lot like the morning, but I think I was more tired. The kids were pretty wired and had a hard time getting to sleep. But we all got tucked in and had a good rest. Ahhhhhhh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment