Friday, September 25, 2009

"Digger digger where's your bone" (on repeat)

Yesterday the older two were napping and "resting" so I had some free time with Elisea. I thought it would be nice to sit with just her and read some board books. Sitting there with her I realized I don't give her enough one on one time. It was fun to read some of the favorite board books, well until we hit a wall. Ethan and Elizabeth's favorite book was a big book with pictures of animals, no words. So the only way to read it is "a cow....mooo....a dog.....bark bark". Now repeat that 10 times or so. Finally I got her to pick a different one, Digger digger where's your bone. I remember this song from summer camp which describes this very event "same song, second verse a little bit louder and a whole lot worse". "Digger digger where's your bone...it is under the bed... (lifting the flap) no that is a teddy bear"...and this is where Elisea would laughing with delight. Now repeat that 10 times or so. She was in heaven and I was too. What a treat to sit with my kids and enjoy them, I'm blessed.

Poor Ethan fell prey to the Digger book when he came downstairs and he was more then happy to sit and read it with her. She carried those books around for the rest of the day. Daddy even got the priviledge of reading them first thing this morning.

No comments: