Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just in case you have been wondering

We are all still alive at the Hawk house. We have been really busy and sick the last 2 weeks. Andrew has been working 2nd shift, which is just crazy. The kids and I have been keeping busy with school, Bible study, play days, sickness, and house work.

School is coming along and Ethan is reading pretty well. He is trying to test the waters and push the limits on what he "really has to do". We had a little talk and things are back to normal now! Cabin fever has really hit him hard, he really needs that outside running/playing time. Elizabeth on the other hand is happy to do whatever I give her. She spends most of her day in an imaginary world where everything talks; dollhouse people, the little people, littlest pet shop animals, beads being strung on a necklace, two matchbox cars that are racing, cups in a sink, and on it goes. I love to sick and just listen to her play. Elisea is usually right beside her or is running around the house after Ethan.

Bible Study at church is on the book of James. It is both encouraging and challenging. I love my group, God put me right were I needed to be! I'm trying to finish memorizing James, a task I started about 2 years ago. I have chapters 1 and 2 down and I'm starting on 3. Memorizing God's word comes easy to me. It just takes quite time which there is usually not alot of around here. The kids and I are studying Moses right now and are starting to memorize the 10 commandments.

I've have been trying to get together with a couple of ladies from church each week. They also have small children and one ladies husband works really long hours. God really laid it on my heart that instead of feeling sorry for myself about Andrew's crazy hours, go out and encourage someone else. It has been wonderful and really changes my attitude about the trials I'm going through. The kids really love getting together, even though mine are a little older. It is great to see them "serve" the younger kids and love on them.

And yes we finally got hit by the stomach flu...yuck. It started on a Monday night and ended on a Friday night. We got through it o.k. and now I cann't get Ethan full. I just knew that was going to happen.

Finally my new philosophy on cleaning and housework. It is a family activity. The kids are responsible for; emptying the dishwasher, loading the washing machine, unloading the dryer, putting away anything around the house that belongs to them, dusting (even Elisea has her own cloth), Ethan has started vacuuming and sweeping the kitchen floor, Elizabeth folds and puts away the towels, making their beds and anything else that needs done. They have not complained one time and love being mommy's helpers. I'm blessed with wonderful kids.

I have a few post that I'm working on with pictures and will hopefully post them tomorrow.

No comments: