Monday, April 26, 2010

Michigan Highlights

Looking back over the week in Michigan I'm reflecting a little bit. In my reflections, I'm asking myself and thinking about my daily life;

How much quality time do I spend with each one of my kids?
How important is laundry and housework?
How quickly you can clean a 2 bedroom apartment vs. a 4 bedroom house.
How looking out our windows at a big yard, fields, and woods is so much nicer then looking out at a busy street and police station.
How eating out every night is so much less work, but doesn't lend itself to family time or conversations at the table.
How just sitting in the grass and playing with your kids for an hour is o.k., because you have nothing else you need to do.
How much reading I can get done when I don't have any work to do.
How biking on the sidewalks of a busy city can be just as dangerous as biking on our road.
How much I miss my friends and their encouragement.
How God can use us if we are out in the world more.
How going to Michigan with Andrew was such a blast and we are ready to head north again!
How it takes a week to get back in the routine after being gone for a week.

Here are some picture highlights from our trip....

Lunch at the "restaurant"

Checking out the beds
Some coloring during school time

"Is anyone else awake yet?"

Checking out a rainbow

Our friend "Jumpy" (a black squirrel)

Ethan's new favorite sport "dribble ball"
A bike ride to the park
And a Birthday Party

No comments: