Andrew has been working the last couple of Monday nights, so that means the kids and I are on our own at the softball games. I'm so thankful for the other dads who have been helping with the kids. Last week the kids did so great and I told them on they way home they could have what ever they wanted for breakfast. Ethan was the last to answer, he really wanted to use this opportunity. After a long pause he said, "Can I have ice cream?". Well, maybe I should have set some limits.
Elisea finally made friends with Lisa Qualls. It has been a 2 year process for Lisa. She vowed to never give up and made it clear she was not above bribes. Well her day finally came at the church picnic last Sunday. By the end of the picnic she was getting down from my arms to go see Mrs Qualls. Mission accomplished Lisa!
Speaking of church picnic. After all the hype of the up coming watermelon eating contest, Andrew and Ethan did not disappoint. They pulled out another eating contest win! Andrew pretty much smoked the competition and Ethan is following in Andrew's footsteps. We had a great night and came in 4th place. We just love North Park!
Not sure if this is a fun update, but I finally got all my books ordered for this coming school year. I'm starting to plan and starting to get really excited for what we will all learn this next year. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. I have enjoyed the fun of summer, coming and going.
I'm also getting ready for Adventure Week. The kids and I can't wait! We are praying most of all that God would be glorified through the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment