Blogging is something I just don't have the time for anymore, I'm not sure what has happened to all my free time? Oh well, I will blog when I can and today I have a little time.
School Updates:
We have started Art class once a week, which has been really fun for everyone. It is a real growing time for Ethan to think out of the box when it comes to his coloring. The first class was about color and shading. Ethan, being the straight laced boy he is, struggled with coloring red onto his all green parrot to create shadows. The second class was a stretch as well, warm and cool colors. The look on his face was priceless when Grandpa handed him blues and purples to color a picture of pumpkins, grapes, leaves, and apples. Turns out that his favorite picture was of the cool colors. The girls are also enjoying the time to visit with Grandpa and Grandma.
Most school days run smoothly and each child is making progress.
Elisea is doing great at coloring. She has very good control for her age. She spends the school day with us, which can be a blessing and a challenge. She is a champ at memorizing our verses and hymns.
Elizabeth has finished a few of the books I had for her to do this year. We are now starting on a later a day study for her and Elisea. Elizabeth has made great progress in the way of sitting still during work time and Bible time. This is her greatest challenge. She loves school time and is happy to do any work I put before her.
Ethan has the most work of all the three to do, naturally. He is such a hard worker, but can easily get overwhelmed by his work. This is a constant struggle for him and really forces him to ask God for the help, daily. It has been great to see him grow both spiritually and mentally. His reading has really improved over the year. Our favorite part of the day is usually near the end when we are doing our Sonlight reading and he gets some time for coloring.
Even though every day brings struggles and frustrations for everyone during school days, the days always bring laughs, smiles, and accomplishments. We are all blessed to have the opportunity to home school and love that part of our days.
Other Updates:
We are very busy at church these days as well. Andrew is teaching the Junior High Sunday School class and helping with Loft (youth group) on Sunday nights. He is enjoying serving in this way and has opened the opportunity for a missions trip. Pastor Bob has asked Andrew and I to go with the youth on their summer missions trip. The Lord has opened all the doors and given us a clear answer, so we are planning on going. The kids and I are still enjoying learning through Children Desiring God's curriculum.
Another blessing has been spending time with our friends from church. We are blessed with wonderful friends to spend time with and to encourage us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment