Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wonderful Kids Wonderful Day

The kids and I had our first outing today, with a little help from Grandma. We dropped off Grandma, Elizabeth and Elisea at Target and then Ethan and I went over to BSF. Everyone was so surprised to see me, just like at church. I'm not sure what you are supposed to do after giving birth, but I guess most people just hang out at home. Ethan and I both had a really good time and enjoyed getting back into our schedule. Ethan also went to AWANA last night and he said he a really good time. I went to Walmart and really enjoyed just walking around Walmart by myself. After BSF we picked up Grandma and the girls at McDonalds (right across the parking lot from Target) and got lunch for our picnic with Grandpa on campus.

We went to a children's garden which was right by the river. Ethan remembered it from the last time they had a picnic there. He said he wanted to go over the bridge and through the tunnel and eat by the river. I was a sunny warm 52 out, awesome weather for a picnic. The kids enjoyed playing around the garden and eating their lunch. Elisea was even nice enough to let me finish my salad, before she needed to eat. I feed her before we left at around 8:30 and I finished my salad at around 12. She sleep the whole time for Grandma and was a little angle. How many 1 week olds would do that? She is a precious little gift.

With 3 wonderful kids who are so happy, healthy, and well behaved I think about how blessed Andrew and I are. Sometimes the trails of parenthood can out way the joys, but days like today I reflect on how lucky we are.

Ethan was so happy to march around the "hill" drinking his milkshake and eating his hamburger.
Elizabeth looked so cute in her new sunglasses and listening to the loud sound of her voice inside the gazebo.
Elisea was just a sweety sleeping in her carseat.

How quickly these carefree days will pass? Hopefully I can always remember to take seize the moments and remember they will only be young for a little while.

No comments: