Today was a long day.
Grandma Bennett and Mom came over early this morning to spend the day with us and to watch Ethan and Elizabeth, while I took Elisea to the Orthopedic Surgeon.
We had a good morning playing outside. It was sunny, but a little chilly. Then when I got the kids feed and into bed I headed over to Elisea's appointment. The doctor was very nice and did a great job explaining her condition and answering my questions. He said she does have a mild case of hip dysplashea, and suggested that we put her in a brace. So, we headed over to the the place where they fit the braces and got her all set up. Andrew met us there, which was nice to have him there for support. I guess the brace is not all that bad, but it will take some getting use to. She has to where it for 14-16 hours a day for about a month. Then they will recheck her. The doctor says that the brace and the condition are not painful for her, which is good. I don't like the brace though, because it makes her really stiff to hold and not near as cuddly. But, it is for the best and hopefully it will only be for a month.
After the brace fitting we stopped and say Tara (in with Drew) in the hospital. She looked pretty tired, so we didn't stay to long. Hopefully we were an encouragement to her.
We came home, woofed down some dinner, and then we were off to pray meeting at church. It always seems crazy and rushed, but I'm always so glad that we go. I always feel refreshed and all the people are so warm and welcoming to us.
Hopefully Elisea will sleep better tonight. I'm ready for a good nights sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment