Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long Pause = Long Post

It's been along time since I have posted. I've been trying to get caught up around here. It seems like everything is pilling up on me.

We have had a good couple of weeks. Ethan had his last AWANA and BSF. We have been enjoying getting outside and working in the yard and watching the yard come alive. Yesterday we watched the cardinal that made a nest in the clematis by the patio. It was really interesting to watch them care for their babies, even the one that feel out of the nest. The kids have really enjoyed watching them.

Ethan has been such a good helper with weeding and planting. He really enjoys helping with his shovel and wagon. He tells me he has a lot of work to do, and it gets his thumb dirty. Elizabeth liked helping me water the hostas I transplanted yesterday. For that matter Ethan like playing in the water too. I think they will both be ready for some good hot weather so they can get in the pool and really play with the hose and sprinkler.

There has been a lot of rain the past week, so that makes for a muddy yard and splashing puddles. I'm ready for a dry yard, since the kids go through 2 pair of clothes everyday. That really adds up in laundry.

We went to Andrew's first game last night. They didn't do so well, but the kids and I enjoyed watching. I think the kids enjoyed running through the dirt mostly. But, it was nice to get out and enjoy the evening and fellowship with some of the ladies from church. Elisea slept through the whole thing (surprise, surprise)

Elisea is doing really good and is fitting in just great. She is sleeping from about 10-11pm till 3am then again till 5am. She is a month old today! It is going way to fast already!! She was awake this morning from 8-11am, just taking in all the excitement of the morning. It worked out well because then she slept while we went the the hospital (to pick up her films), Meijer (that was exciting with all 3), and the switching yard (Ethan and Elizabeth's reward for being so good). It was a busy morning but all the kids did really great. Ethan & Elizabeth were VERY good at Meijer and Elisea got fussy once but calmed down pretty quickly. All in all we had a good first trip to the grocery with all the kids. I didn't even pull my hair out once, or have to raise my voice. I was very patient, thank you Lord for your strength to do that. It is amazing how polite people are to you when you have a 3yr old walking beside you, a 21 mth old riding in the cart, and carrying a 1 mth old in a pouch. It is like a free past to always have the right away.

Andrew is Michigan today, so I'm flying solo. Tomorrow Elisea is going to the orthopedic surgeon to have her hip check by him. I'm really praying that it is nothing major and it will just heal on it's own. Good thing the Grandmas are coming tomorrow, that would be tricky with the kids.

No comments: