Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beatiful Day

The weather couldn't have been more perfect today. Sunny and 62. Maybe the day seemed perfect because we got to get outside after 4 days of cold, cloudy, and rainy weather. Or it could have been that Elisea slept from 10:30 till 4:30! What a good girl!!! Hopefully this is a new trend, probably not:) I have so much more patience for the kids when I get a little more sleep.

We had such a good time playing and working outside. It is so nice to see everything growing and blooming. Ethan keeps looking out the back door and saying "Look Mommy your plants are growing". Ethan has been helping we weed the flower beds, he is such a good helper! I pull them up and he takes them to the compost pile in his wagon. He asks me everyday, "Can I get my wagon and take those green things to the compost pile? What are they called again?". Today we picked up sticks in the yard, man there were a lot. Elizabeth had her little wagon and Ethan was pulling the big one. We filled up 2 wagons full and then had a fire. They love that, but it was a little to windy to sit and watch it. The wind kept switching and getting us with the smoke. I raked up the little stick between the play area and the house. Of course Ethan wanted to help, he loaded them into his wagon and off to the fire. He was such a great helper, and worked hard till we finished picking up all the piles. I hope that he stays such a hard worker and is always as willing to help. Elizabeth was happy to just play around and would come and help for a little bit at a time. She doesn't have the attention span to stay with the task quit yet.

We have Ethan's AWANA awards program tonight. That will be fun. It is the last night of AWANA and tomorrow is the last BSF. I guess that means summer is here. I think we will work on memorizing the 10 Commandments and Psalms 23. That should keep Ethan busy for the summer.

No comments: