We had another successful trip to the grocery store today. This time I got one of those HUGE carts, that will hold all three. It worked pretty good, and Elizabeth sat most of the time in the cart. They did get a snack at the deli counter (salami and some cookies) which helped to keep them busy. We made it through the store without falling out of the cart, fighting, or screaming (and we got everything on the list). I would say that was a successful trip.
When we got home the kids played in the front yard. Ethan rode his 4 wheeler and Elizabeth played with the car. Ethan would come around to where I was sitting and say later tater and then speed off. Ethan drove around to take a load of stuff to the compost pile in his "trailer"and on the way back picked up Zeke's remote. What a great listener and helper. He was also a great helper to Elizabeth who was having trouble making it over the bump in the garage.
After Elisea had her lunch we headed to the back and they played nicely in the sandbox while I fixed our lunch. A yummy picnic under the umbrella as Ethan would say. Ethan decided to be a chef at lunch. He was having some rice and applesauce with his lunch and thought it would be good to mix the two together. I said "sure that sounds fine" and then went inside to get my drink. When I came out he was making an awful face. I said, "whats the matter", to which he replied, "applesauce and rice doesn't taste very good mixed together". Silly boy! Elizabeth was doing very good today feeding herself her applesauce and rice, but not mixed together :)
We finished up our morning by water the the plants, flowers, and shrubs again. They were both such great helpers. Ethan is such a hard worker. He was carrying the watering can around hitting all the plants. I would ask "is that to heavy" and he would say "no I can handle it". What a big boy!
Andrew got started on mowing the grass with Ethan when he got home, while Elizabeth and I finished dinner. She also helped me wash the dishes and by series of event the cabinets, the floor, her shoes, and her tummy. We went out to get the boys for dinner and she was jabbering about something. She was pointing and really trying to tell me something. I think she is just about ready to talk.
After dinner we made a fire, so we could make smores of course. Making smores is Ethan's new favorite thing. Elizabeth will eat them but she is not as big on them as Ethan.
Andrew needed to finish the birdhouse he had been working on so the kids played in the garage and driveway with their cars. Ethan did some sweeping of the driveway. He likes making big piles of dust and then running through them.
It was time for baths so we headed in. Ethan sat down and took off his sandles and Elizabeth tried to follow suit. He was helping her with her sandles when their conversation turned to Elizabeth's smell.
Ethan: "Elizabeth are you stink? Did you go poopy?"
Elizabeth: "No No"
Ethan: "Yes you did I can see it"
Elizabeth: "No No"
It was so cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment