Tuesday, June 24, 2008

7 Dwarfs

I'm convinced that having young children is like living with the 7 dwarfs. The fun part is that you never know which dwarf you will be living with each day. Today we had Grumpy (Ethan), Happy (Elizabeth) Sleepy/Grumpy (Elisea).

Ethan was having a "rough day" he said. He woke up wet from his bed, but had a pretty good attitude till we got outside. He didn't want to do this or that, didn't want to take a walk, didn't want Elizabeth to play with "his" concrete truck, didn't want her to ride "his" wheeler, or play with his "wagon", swing me mommy right now. I could go on but it is getting annoying even to write it.

Elizabeth was pretty happy go lucky today. She was just happy to play and wonder around the yard by herself.

Elisea was a combination of Sleepy and Grumpy. She didn't take a nap all morning , which lead to the Sleepy/Grumpy. She did however lay in the stroller during lunch and just hang out with her pacifier. That is huge for her to stay in the stroller that long without getting upset. She almost had herself to sleep a couple of times, but would wake up with the kids got loud.

We (maybe I should say I) survived the morning. Some days I feel like that is an accomplishment in its self. Ah motherhood!

1 comment:

Busy1 said...

Adelphia, you've mentioned reading devotions to Ethan from a book. What devotional book do you use? I had one but it was from the 70's or something and Morgan wasn't too impressed with the black and white pics. I'm looking for something more up to date and would love some ideas. You can email me and let me know, if you don't mind. howettak@hotmail.com