Monday, June 16, 2008

Clean up Monday

The strong storm from last night left the yard covered in sticks and branches from the trees. A ton of them. After another grumpy morning with Elisea, I decided to take out my frustration with a walk. It was a multi-purposed activity. Elisea stopped fussing, I got some exercisers, I cooled down, and the kids got a wagon ride. I was pretty proud of myself, I walked a 15 minute mile while I was carrying Elisea in the Bjorn and pulling Ethan & Elizabeth in the wagon.

Ethan got right to work helping me clean up sticks with the green wagon and Elizabeth played in the pool with bucket of water. After lunch we continued our clean up efforts and this time Elizabeth really pitched in. She was a good helper and really stuck with it, which is unusual for her. She usually losses interest in these activities really fast. I think we will be cleaning up sticks for a while. It took 3 wagons full just for the back yard.

Ethan thought he should walk a little bit on our walk tonight. He did really good holding my hand. Since we were walking at a fast pace he was almost jogging. He walked from the interstate to the house. He was saying "I'm getting tired, I'm stressed". I guess I talked about being stressed a little to much, I'll have to watch that!

Elizabeth had a new word tonight. "hosanana" but she was saying "nannan" We call the branches that have leaves on them still hosanna branches. It is really cute.

No comments: