Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crash & Burn

The day started out with more crashing and more burning. Ethan crashing in the puddle in the front while he was pushing his truck. He tore the skin off his other thumb knuckle and tore open the one on his knee he got last week. So, I went in to get a bean and 2 band aides and we were back to nursing more wounds. While I was putting on the band aides, Elizabeth crashed with the truck and it came up and hit her in the nose. She was not that excited about being bopped in the nose, and I headed back in for some Ms for her. Ethan was then walking around like a wounded duck, he had his two hands just hanging and was walking so slow. He decided we should go play in the back, maybe it was safer back there.

He just sort of wondered around for about 20 minutes and then said he was hungry. I asked if he wanted to go play in the sandbox or the pool, but he couldn't because he had those ouchys. After our lunch we headed out to our strawberry patch with our buckets to do some picking. They looked so cute holding their buckets out to be filled. Ethan was really good at finding the red ones. I would say "oh look there is another red one" and Elizabeth would get this surprised look on her face. They were both really good helpers. I made the mistake of staying we will have to make some shortcake for dinner. Ethan said "can we go make it right now?" So, we came in and made shortcake, which takes twice as long since I have 2 helpers. Oh well they really like baking and helping, so we just let it go.

We had a quiet afternoon since Ethan & Elisea slept late. Andrew, Elizabeth and I just hung out in the toy room. She is so funny and is really trying to talk. She was jabbering about something and trying to sing the B-I-B-L-E. Here is her version; " ah....B....ah...B....ah....B.....bible. It is really cute. I also caught her over at the calendar pointing and saying do do du doo du, like she was pointing and counting. I think she is really close.

No comments: