Another 90 humid day, great day to try out the new slip & slide. Ethan was really into it, he would lay down on his tummy and I would push him through till he hit the pool at the end. Of course he would like the slip & slide, it is like a big puddle. Elizabeth would walk through with me, but wasn't to excited about the sliding or the slipping part. She liked to sit on the steps of the treehouse and just laugh at Ethan sliding.
Ethan crashed in the rocks and of course was carrying on like he was dying. I was pushing Elizabeth on the swing and told him your o.k. stop crying. He replied ever so firmly "no, I'm not o.k. don't say that, I need a bean right now!" After I got him his bean and assessed the injury I noticed he piled back the skin on his thumb knuckle and left a pick hole, which was bleeding. In our house bleeding means a band aide. After the bean and band aide everything was o.k.
Another round of storms moved through this afternoon, in fact Andrew just out ran them on his motorcycle coming home from work. Since the storms hit around 6pm all of the softball games were canceled. That was o.k. with Andrew he was pretty tired in fact he fell asleep in his chair at 8.
It could have been the 2 hour dinner that wore him out the most. I made chicken caccatorie (?) for dinner which Ethan complained about. The spaghetti part was o.k but it took him 2 hours to finish the chicken part of his dinner. What a nightmare! It can be so frustrating, but he finally got it down. He said he wants sausage (smoked sausage) for dinner tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment