There are a few words that describe this weekend. HOT, HUMID, STORMY!!!!
Friday night we went for our after dinner walk. There were storm clouds in the area but the wind was blowing them away from us. We walked down to the roundabout, which wasn't bad. The wind started to pick up and by the time we got to the interstate hill it was really blowing. That made for a real calorie burner! When we got home it was time for a cool off and popsicles. As we were enjoying our popscicle it started to sprinkle and the sky got really dark. I moved under the overhang with the kids and Andrew quickly spread some fertilizer on the garden. The dark clouds were creeping over the woods and starting to swirl around a little. I thought it best the the kids and I make a move to the house. I was nursing Elisea and trying to hold on to Elizabeth's hand so that she would walk quickly. She was getting a little nervous with the lightening and thunder and the fact that I was hurrying her along. Ethan is running along beside saying "God is always with us", "God is always with us" (from the Webster movie). We got up to the house in time for me to wash off Elizabeth's feet and then it just let loose. I got Ethan's feed washed and Elizabeth calmed down (with a snack) and sat them at the table to watch Andrew. I went into the bedroom to check the weather to see when the storm was going to be over. I was half way through changing Elisea when the weather man said "if you are in the Hoagland, 469, New Haven area you should be taking cover, a tornado has been spotted." I'm thinking great I have my husband outside and my 2 kids sitting by the back slidder glass door. I yelled out to Andrew but the wind and rain were so loud he couldn't hear me. I couldn't even see the barn, because it was raining so hard. Well, we survived and the only damage was a lot of sticks in the yard and a great rainbow in the field across the road.
Saturday:
There were supposed to be more storms in the morning (they went south of us) so we headed to Walmart to pick up a few things. Walmart on a nice Saturday, what were we thinking. Once again we survived after we strapped Elizabeth into the big cart, which Ethan loves riding in. After their naps we all played outside. Andrew and Ethan washed the car and Andrew cleaned out the gutters. We had our first attempt at dutch oven cooking for dinner, coke chicken. It was really good and the kids even ate it. Since we had the fire going Ethan thought we should have smores for desert. It was a nice end to the day.
Elizabeth spent the rest of the evening sitting on my lap watching the fire and the boys washing the car. She has been a little whinny lately and just wanting to be held. After I thought about it, I wonder if she is just having a hard time adjusting to the new member of the family. I don't have as much time for her as I used to. We are working on spending some more one on one time with her to see if it will help.
Elisea slept through the night!!!! Yeah, from 10pm to 6am. I jumped out of bed when I heard her crying. How refreshing!!!
Sunday:
We went to church in the morning and when we left church it was already 88. After the kids naps we headed back to church for the first summer picnic. It was so hot, but there was a breeze and some shade. The kids had a great time playing on the new playground and running around with the other kids. Andrew was such a big helper and really kept track of the older two kids. He really is a great Daddy to them and really enjoys spending time with them. Everyone was sticky and hot but had a good time. I got to visit with some people and the other nursing mothers.
When we got home I was talking to Andrew about how perfect it was, the timing of Elisea's birth. It is amazing how people will come up and talk to you with a new baby. We have met people quicker just because of them coming up to see the baby and ask about her. I met 4 new people at the picnic. After ABF on Sunday morning I went into the nursery to feed Elisea, which quickly became the "nursing room". There were 4 of us in their nursing all at the same time. It was nice to sit and talk with these ladies. I talked with Ruth about homeschooling Heidi about their house being sold, and Ashlee about the infamous gate braking story. We figured out that Ethan and Reid together are trouble and that Reid may be the mastermind behind the trouble:) Ashley said I'm so sorry I have watched Ethan I'm sure it is Reid he is a little bit mischievous. I would have never got to know these ladies so well so quickly if we weren't all having babies at the same time. It is such an opportunity to bond with these women and to have friends the same age as Elisea. We are so blessed by God, he truly had a plan in mind of us with the miscarriage. A plan we would have never seen, how great and all knowing is our God. The lesson learned is; ALWAYS TRUST GOD. He knows what is best for us even though we think we know best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment