Monday:
Busy day. Grandma Becky stayed today and left around 2:30. It was nice having her here, because I was able to get a lot my Monday stuff done (laundry, cleaning, getting caught up). The kids enjoyed having her here since they got to get outside long before I would have been ready. Plus Elisea was really fussy today, and just wanted to be held. Well you cannot get anything done when you are holding her. I did reflect on this point later to Andrew. It is not as bad to hold the 2nd and 3rd as it is the 1st, when they are fussy. You know that eventually they will grow out of it and they will not want to sit and rock with you anymore. So I'm just enjoying holding and snuggling with my last baby.
Andrew got home and got ready to run, just as Ethan was waking up from his nap. Ethan was such a big helper for me while I was getting dinner ready. Elisea was still a little fussy so I put her on the bed with Ethan while he was watching his movie. He sat and talked to her and she was just looking at him. He was a very good babysitter. After his run he ate some dinner really quick and headed off to his game. At around 5:30 I went up to get Elizabeth, because Andrew's game was at 6:00 in New Haven. When I walked in her room I noticed she wasn't in bed, then I looked around the room to see it was a disaster. There were toys and books everywhere and clothes out of her drawers. Then I saw Elizabeth laying on the floor curled up with her blanket and her fuzzy pants. I must have startled her because she popped her head up. We came downstairs and she ate a little dinner while I finished getting ready.
We made it to the game just in time to see Andrew hit a triple. It took us forever to walk the 1/4 mile from the car to the bleachers. We were going at turtle pace and Ethan was asking about everything ("what's that grass, who is that, can I play in the dirt, did you bring the popcorn?"). We made it though. They had a good time playing in the dirt and eating the snack, and every once in a while watching the game. Ethan would yell at Andrew in the outfield or when he would make it to third base. It was nice to see some of the people from church and Ethan's SS teachers. It was really hot but fun, even though they lost:(
No comments:
Post a Comment