This is a late post for Tuesday, yesterday.
Tuesday was our caught up day since Becky was her on Monday. I had laundry to put away so we did that and the kids played upstairs. I was holding Elisea when she pulled her head up and looked at me. I talked to her and she gave me a little half smile, which turned into a full smile. It was so cute to watch because it was like she was really working at getting that lip up. She gave me a few smiles, then she got sleepy and it was time for her nap. We came downstairs and did our story and then headed outside.
It rained really hard on Monday night, so there were a lot of puddles and everything was really wet. The kids had fun playing outside. Of course the pool was a big hit again and Elizabeth didn't seem to mind the cold water as much. At lunch we saw some frogs in the pond, that caught both of their attentions.
It is a little tricky getting in from outside and down for naps. Now they are both wet and covered with sand. I sent Ethan upstairs with his underwear and shorts, while I finished getting our lunch dished in from the table. When I went upstairs they were both on his bed and he was swinging his underwear around over his head. I told him to put his underwear on and to go find his shorts. I thought I would put away some more laundry while he found his shorts. He kept running into Elizabeth's room in just his underwear and I would tell him, "Ethan were are you shorts, go find your shorts." He would respond with "o.k. I'm looking for them and I can't find them." I told him I was not going to help him find them, that was his responsibility. After 20 minutes of this same conversation, I said let go look on your bed. Amazingly there they were, the missing shorts.
We had a nice "quite" evening inside when Andrew got home. He was pretty tired and tried to take a quick nap. Dinner time was stressful, since we had chicken burritos and it took Ethan an hour to eat.
We went for a nice long walk and the kids ended the day with another dip in the pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment