Our Bible story today was "Saul Rejected, David Crowned King", which is a very good story about obedience and trusting God. Towards the end of the story there was the verse from I Samuel "Man looks on the outside but God looks on the inside". I thought this would be a good time to talk about sin and what is in our hearts. We have been talking about this a lot with Ethan lately (see the post "Did you eat Jesus?")
Me: "We may think that someone is handsome or pretty on the outside, but God in concerned about what is in our hearts, our insides." "What do you think God sees when he looks inside you?"
Ethan: thinking.... "Food"
Me: "Yes, probably food." "When God looks at you heart do you think he sees a heart for God, one that loves and honors him?" "Or an evil heart, that is a selfish and naughty heart"
Ethan: "A heart for God"
Me: "That is the kind of heart God wants to see"
So later when we went outside he was talking very disrespectfully to Elizabeth about a pile of leaves. She had messed up his pile of leaves, not that he couldn't just rake them up again. Anyways, I explained "I didn't want to hear that disrespectful talk again, because that this what?" Ethan replied," an evil heart". YES!!! The seeds are growing in there, YES!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment