Friday, August 22, 2008

New Garden Friends

We have been seeing God's creation in our garden this year. Some good, some bad. The bad would be the deer eating our beans and apples. The good would be our crop growing and the 2 new discoveries tonight.

When I was picking beans tonight I saw a Praying Mantis, in fact it looked so much like the beans I almost picked it. Here is our new friend

I called Ethan over to see it. I wasn't sure if it would scare him or not because it was pretty big. He thought it was really cool and he even got Elizabeth and was showing her. I ran to get the camera and as I was coming back he said "it feels nice mommy, soft". So, he must have touched it. They were both pretty fascinated by it for quite some time. I'm not sure if Elizabeth actually saw the mantis,
it looked just like a bean.

new garden helper

As I was taking the camera back to the house a toad hopped across the path. Ethan and Elizabeth were saying hi to him and Ethan was trying to caught it. Elizabeth learned two new words tonight "toad" & "maymay" (mantis). We are so blessed to live were they can experience God's creation everyday.

We ended the night with....... a Popsicle break!!

No comments: