Well we washed all but a bucket and a half of apples yesterday. Our apples grow with these green spots on them, so we have to scrub each apple to get it off. We got the kid's pool out and filled it with water and started scrubbing. The kids were happy to "help" and play in the pool. It was a frustrating day for me, I was hoping to get more done. Elizabeth has a little head cold, which always makes her extra naughty. Ethan isn't a bad helper, but it is just constant talking and "mommy and you play with me, mommy can you do this for me". I don't seem to get as much done when he is helping. Oh well. I did get them done even though it was after dark when Andrew helped me finish.
Elisea was pretty good all day, but very grumpy at bedtime. She was just screaming in her bed, which got Elizabeth out of bed and coming down the stairs saying "hop hop" (help help). I'm not sure if she was telling us Elisea needed help or she needed help because Elisea was screaming in their room. At any rate, we got Elizabeth back in bed and once Elisea stopped turning onto her back she went to sleep. That was around 9pm. I then was able to find time to work on my BSF. Andrew and I went to bed around 10pm, but I couldn't go to sleep. It might have been the 4 cups of coffee I drank while we were scrubbing apples. I decided since I couldn't sleep I would get up and read the chapter for my other Bible study. That was a great idea it was a very interesting, thought provoking chapter. I'm really enjoying this book. It only took me about an hour or so.
About 2am I hear Elisea crying again. I went upstairs to find her on her back with her arms and legs flying around. She was like a turtle who couldn't get off their shell. Long story short I was on the floor upstairs for about an hour turning her back onto her tummy and giving her the pacifier back. She did finally go back to sleep till about 5am. Hopefully she will get the hang of getting herself back to sleep thing quickly.
We are off to roof mom and dad's house. I don't think it is very fair for us to be roofing while they are off picking up rocks on Mt. Carmel. Oh well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment