Those are the two words to sum up this weekend.
We went over on Friday night to help re-roof my parents house. The guys worked till after dark taking the old roofing off. Then Andrew jumped in and help Grandma and I finish the apples. We did 5 canners that night and I was up till 2 am finishing up.
Saturday, which started very early considering the night before, was more roofing and canning of applesauce. I got 4 more canner done. Andrew got 3 load of shingles and bricks taken to the to dumpster. Between canners the kids played at Great Grandma Harris, fished, swam at the lake, and watched some movies. They were a little stir crazy since they couldn't get outside. They did have fun being "apple bugs" at Great Grandma Harris'. She was trying to make some apple pies for us, but they kept running in and stealing the apples she was cutting. I think everyone was enjoying themselves there. The pie was good. Ethan was trying to finish his crust as quick as possible, but was noticing the apple pie was going quick. Grandma said he quick shoved the rest of the crust in and slide his plate over saying, " hey put a piece on here". She got a big kick out of that. We were both exhausted when we left the lake Saturday night.
Sunday we got to church in the morning. Andrew said ABF was good, but I was in the nursery with Elisea and helping out. They had 6 babies under five months, I thought they could us some help. When I walked in 3 of them were laying on the floor on their tummies arms and leg flying. I was like wow look at all the babies. Scott's message was very good and thought provoking and usual. After church and lunch I started but of course canning. I got 2 more canners done before we had pioneer clubs. Pioneer clubs went great and Elisea was great in the nursery. I was in the nursery which might have helped a little bit. Ethan said his verse and had fun singing he said, plus he got to hold the "tarp" (chart) for one of the pledges. He was so proud of himself. I didn't have the energy to can when we got home, so Andrew and I zoned out to some football and then headed to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment