Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Play Day

I took the day off today, from apples that is. After my panic attack yesterday from being stressed out, I decided it was time for a break.

So I just played with the kids all morning. We built a new train track on the table, read some books, did our story and calendar. Our new letter today was "P" so I was saying words that started with "P". One of the words was pumpkin. Ethan said "Mommy we forgot to pick the pumpkins yesterday". I told him you are right and we will do that first thing when we get outside.

We loaded up the wagon with 9 pumpkins. Some of them aren't all the way orange, but we can be patient and wait for them. Ethan is really hoping that Daddy will have enough time before prayer meeting to carve a jack-o-lantern. We also dug a huge hole in the sandbox. Elizabeth was jumping in the hole and plopping down on her bottom. Ethan was taking loads out with his dump truck. As I was looking around the yard I noticed that there was just enough leaves to rack in a pile. Ethan has been wanted to jump in leaves since the beginning of August. We did get a pretty big pile and bonus I got all the leaves off the patio (something I have been wanted to get done since July). They were having such a great time laughing and jumping. I was having a great time watching and not working on apples. Ethan decided to take all the leaves over to the end of the slide were they could slide into the pile.

I even sat on the patio and read a magazine during nap time. I did do some laundry and put some laundry away. I made dinner thanks for the yummy idea Angie.

We finished the day with apple washing and baths.

It was a great day of relaxing and enjoying the kids. I do feel a little guilty.

No comments: