Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Peace Verses...Questions to Ask

Bible study was so great last night. It was just the encouragement I needed to take a day off. I need more peace in my life. Kathy and Jill both had such encouraging words and some great Bible verses. Here are some of my favorites.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you.

Philippians 4:11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who give me strength.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

During Kathy's lecture she asked us a few thought provoking questions.

1. What would someone who spent a day with me know about God?
2. What situation does God have me in right now to teach me contentment?
3. Do we delight in God?
4. We all knock ourselves out for something in this world, why not knock ourselves our for God!

I love this quote from the book by Packer:
There is no peace like the peace of those whose minds are possessed with full assurance that they have known God, and God has known them, and that this relationship guarantees God's favor to them in life, through death and and on for ever.

No comments: