Monday, November 10, 2008

Big Pile of Leaves and a Screaming Elisea

Elisea was just beside herself today. Actually it was like having a flashback to when she was "Screamie" especially tonight. Nothing would make her happy, so I had to just lay her in bed and let her cry. I hate doing that especially when she just gets more mad and upset (for about 30 minutes). Thankfully she is asleep now, finally.

While she was having her fit I took Ethan and Elizabeth outside and we made a huge pile of leaves to jump in. I'm talking like we almost lost Elizabeth in the pile. It was up to my waist. They were having a blast. I wish I had the camera, but it was in with Screamie. Elizabeth got tired pretty quickly and we headed in for early baths and then had dinner with Daddy when he got home around 6.

It was a long day. Surpising though I got my Bible study reading done for tomorrow and read my chapter for our ABF class. Another plus was my positive attitude all day and patience with the kids. Both of those things can run thin on long days like this. I'm continuing to ask God to help to access my "Fruit of the Spirit". Sometimes when I reflect on the day I think, really was that all I got done. I didn't do enough with the kids, did I show Jesus through my life to them today. I hate days when I look back and see to much of me and not enough of Jesus. I so want to be a good godly wife and mother and I there are so many days I fall short. Well enough about me.

No comments: