Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Throw Up Welcome Home Party

So the day was going along pretty normal, that should have been my first clue. Elizabeth got up from her nap and was more snuggly then normal and just followed me around. I didn't think much of it, just enjoyed snuggling. When Andrew got home we were in the kitchen talking when we heard Ethan saying "Elizabeth is spitting up on her blanket." I was thinking Elizabeth he must mean Elisea, but she is in bed. Then the thoughts came rushing in, oh no he is talking about throwing up. Oh no, she is in the living room. Sure enough I round the corner to see her standing holding her, now covered in throw up blanket. She was covered, the couch was covered, and there was more then one pile on the carpet. Ahhh, where do you start. Lucky for me, not Andrew he had gotten home just in time. I cleaned up and calmed down Elizabeth and Andrew went right to work cleaning up the mess. When I came downstairs with the cleaned up Elizabeth, Ethan point to Andrew and said "look at Daddy". He had taken a towel and wrapped in around his mouth and nose. He looked like he could be part of the "Apple Dumpling Gang". Oh well what ever gets the job done. Andrew was such a trooper and just jumped in, what a great husband.

After all the excitement, I thought about just staying home. I didn't know if Elizabeth would continue to be sick, but Andrew encouraged me to go to Bible study. I have a great study and it was just nice to get out of the house after a long week last week. Hopefully it was a one time thing with Elizabeth and not the stomach flu. I'm not ready for that yet.

No comments: