Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another week of fun

Saturday already? Andrew had to work today, so it a normal day for us around here. This week, like so many others was packed full.

Sunday: We were supposed to have a church picnic, but it was canceled because of the heat. We thought the lake would be a great thing on a hot day. It was nice, but the water was very cold and the kids were a little tired from the heat and a morning at church.

Monday: My mom came over for a birthday lunch at Pizza Hut and trip to the library with us.

Tuesday: I moved Elisea's crib upstairs and set up Ethan's desk in the office, which is now the school room. He loves the desk, maybe a little to much. And of course since it is the newest thing in the house everyone wants to try it. Can you see were this is going? Ethan is getting stressed out about everyone seating or even touching HIS desk. We started a little bit of school this week, but will begin full time the week after labor day. I just starting it slow with him and not pushing to much. He really isn't even old enough to start Kindergarten yet. He does love sitting at his desk and doing his work.

Wednesday: I know we did something this day, but I just cann't remember! Oh no "power outages" already, I'm not that old yet! I remember now...Walmart day. I think I try to block those days out:)

Thursday: We spent the morning at our good friends (Wolfe). I just love spending time with Kristi. She is such an encouragement to me, what a godly wife and mother. The kids had a great time playing, swimming in the freezing pool, and taking a walk around their farm.

Thursday night was our pictures for the new church directory. Nothing like family pictures to stress everyone out without trying to look stressed in the pictures. They turned out pretty good even though only 50% of us were smiling. We were all looking at the camera at the same time which is a major accomplishment.

Friday: Andrew called in the morning to wish me happy 10 year anniversary. He also suggested we call the Milentis to see if we could cash in our free babysitting. Of course they agreed, such great friends. I had a collection hold at the downtown library to pick up today, so we headed there in the morning. It was a great trip to the library and we even walked around the Tincaps stadium.

I feed the kids before we left for , but Ethan was wondering why I wasn't eating. I told him Daddy and I were going out for dinner. He looked concerned and asked "what about us"? Joking I answered "Oh we are just going to drop you off at someones house". Well this just sent him over the edge, crying "mommy". I said "well how about we drop you off at Zachary & Katelyn's house?" I wish I would have been videoing his face, because those tears dried up and there was an instant smile. Textbook "turn that frown upside down". It was all downhill after that, they were running around the house with excitement. Andrew and I had a great dinner and we even got to finish our conversations. It was wonderful. When we picked up the kids they were having a waterballon fight in the front yard. We stayed at visited till dark, while the kids rode their bikes up and down the sidewalk.

1 comment:

Busy1 said...

No, only one week into it and I'm already feeling a bit "overwhelmed" on how to challenge Morgan. I went online and found a bunch of worksheets about telling time and money and phonics, etc. I also had a workbook lying around the house that someone had given to us. She did the workbook over the weekend while she was alone...and whipped through all the worksheets the first day of school. She kept asking what else I had for her. I finally told her that we were just going to leave some stuff for the next day and that it was okay to go outside and play for recess.... She cried! It's like her appetite for learning can't be quenched. I think the other problem is that I don't know what to teach her really...We are still planning to send her to kindergarten next year so I don't want to cover all kindergarten curriculum. This was actually an idea for school more for Marissa to help her learn to read.... but Morgan didn't want to be left out so it sort of quickly developed from there. Any websites or resources that you know of (w/out super great expense) would be appreciated.

I hope your schooling will go well for you and Ethan. I'm sure you'll do great.