Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Days

Today is our 10th day of school and it is hard to believe. Homeschooling is as much fun as I was hoping it would be, maybe more. I love seeing Ethan and Elizabeth's proud faces and their desire to learn. Elisea is back to taking a morning nap, which frees the morning up for school. As soon as I lay her down I say "time for school" which is answered by "yeah school" and running into the school room.

Here their are working on patterns

I brought down a desk from the barn for Elizabeth, which she loves. Now they both have their own space. Elizabeth has little attention span, but insist on sitting at her desk and "doing her work" when Ethan does. Right now I'm working on shapes and color sorting with Elizabeth. She is also doing alot of coloring and drawing in her princess notebook.

Elizabeth's cutting...her favorite thing to do
Look at that concentration

Ethan is doing great too. I started out with some handwriting pages for every letter of the alphabet and some other phonic and number worksheets. He loves writing his letters. He already knew most of the letters and sounds, but now we are really focusing in. Today he made a rainbow in his journal and I helped him sound out the word rainbow. He did really good hearing the sounds and writing the letters. He wrote "ranbw". I was very pleased as was he.

Ethan working on his paper

They also have quiet book reading time. The tub was the new favorite spot.

No comments: