We just had our 15th day of school. Getting into a routine only took a few days and now we are just rolling. Some days are easier then others, but I think everyone is doing great. I'm even giving myself a pat on the back. We are also in God's Word daily, which helps everyone grow in their understanding of who God is. I just love the truths they are learning and hearing their thoughts of God.
Ethan is doing great with his letters; writing them, letter sounds, big letter little letter. He is also getting very good at "writing" in his journal. He sounds out the words to go with the pictures that he draws. I'm very impressed by his work so far. I think the biggest improvement for his is is coloring. Ethan has never liked to color, mostly just scribbles to get it done. Now I see him staying in the lines and really trying to do his best.
Elizabeth is starting to get the hang of school as well. She loves to sit at HER desk and do HER work. Mostly coloring, but I'm working on tracing shapes and letter. We are also working on counting, since she counts like 1....2...5...11...ect. Elizabeth also likes sitting with her big brother in the chair for calendar time. This month we are counting down to our camping trip and Ethan's upcoming birthday.
I hope I can report the same type of encouraging post about school in a couple of months. I'm praying for; creativity, patience and perseverance. I also want to help them see the fun in learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment