Thursday, October 15, 2009

A bloody start to the week....

Sunday night ended with a bang...literally. Ethan and Elizabeth had a run in with each other after Pioneer Clubs. It was a nose to check collision. Ethan ended up with a VERY bloody and bruised nose. Elizabeth had a red check. And they both got a talking to about running in the hallways at church.

Tuesday night. Andrew had just got home from work and I was putting the finishing touches on dinner, when we heard screaming from upstairs. I went to the bottom of the stairs and asked what happened. Ethan came crying "I just wanted her to stop running". Then Elizabeth appeared at the top of the steps with blood running down the side of her face. I run up to get her, while yelling to Andrew "we are going to need a towel". The next few minutes were a blur, but looking at the cut I knew she was going to need stitches. So Elizabeth and I headed to Redi-Med and Ethan and Daddy stayed home to deal with punishments for pushing and lying. Luckily for Elizabeth they were able to glue it shut, no stitches or shots. She did great and was feeling much better on the way home. I think the best medicine for her was when she said (with a little grin) "Ethan's getting punishment". It was really hard not to laugh at that one. We did talk about the new rule of NO running in the house. Andrew was a great help and had dinner ready for us when we got home and had cleaned up the mess. Yeah for Andrew!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Elizabeth had her follow up appointment with the eye doctor. He didn't see anything wrong with her eyes, even after dialating both eyes. They even checked her vision, which was fine. Praise the Lord for good news!

No comments: