Andrew has been on nights this week, which has mixed up everyone's schedules. School is not getting done at the right times, naps are not happening, dinner has been weird stuff, and the list goes on and on. The kids have watched several deer hunting movies with Andrew. Ethan has decided he wants to go to Iowa, because "that were all the big buck are mom, you just sit up in a tree and watch them come to you". Elisea has learned a new word "deer" and Elizabeth saw "that naughty 'coon that came in our tent" on the movie.
Looking back over the week I see the positives from a mixed up schedule. It is a nice change of pace, I have gotten some nice runs in, the kids have spent some snuggling time with their Dad, and we all relaxed together this week. God knows what is best for us. When will I just trust that? When I found out on Sunday Andrew would be working seconds all week my first response was complaining. "What a wretched man am I"! I need to be constantly resting in the truth that God will not withhold anything good from me and I need to rest in Colossians 1:7 "And HE is before all things, and in him all things hold together". And practice more of Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment