Monday, September 10, 2012

New Year of School

So here we are week 3 into a new school year!  My goal for the year is to update this blog once a week.  I'm hoping I can keep up, so that I will have it later when I forget.  Friday is my planning day for the next week of school, so I'm going to try to have that as my blog day.

Ethan is started the 2nd grade this year.  So far he is doing a great job and just like last year is loving science and history most of all.  We are also studying the 50 states, which has been very interesting.

Elizabeth is started Kindergarten.  She was just almost reading at the end of last year and really picked it up over the summer.  So far this year she is doing great and is just flying through her work and books.

Elisea is starting Preschool.  She has her "work" that she loves to do.  Right now she is working through "Before You Explode the Code" and also some number work. 

I think my favorite part of the morning is our Morning Message time.  It is also the most stressful time:)  Getting everyone to sit still while we work through the message, Saxon math, and Bible time is such a challenge.  I do love this time with everyone sitting around learning from each other, giggling, and reading our Bibles together.

Ezekiel has been so good in the school room.  He is pretty happy to just sit on my lap while I teach and smile away at everyone. 


Even though school does take up most of our day and I have little time for anything (which includes house work), I love having them home and learning together.

1 comment:

Busy1 said...

Ezekiel is so cute! I'm not sure I've seen pictures of him before. You do such a great job teaching all of your children. I'm looking forward to seeing some blog action once again!!