Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Normal days,vaction & funny stuff

We have been keeping pretty busy around here. Finishing up shopping, wrapping, and cards. Plus Andrew had a long weekend, so we spent a lot of time just hanging out and spending time with the kids. I love this time of year. I'm sad that all my wrapping is done, I love wrapping presents. Especially this year, with the kids gifts. I was so excited thinking about how they will react to each present, which one they will like best, and what Christmas morning will be like with the kids this year.

===========================================

Elizabeth checking out the train.
Of course the camera battery died, so
I never got a picture with Ethan.
Sorry Ethan.
Don't they look festive.
This great picture was taken on the first try.
Good thing since the battery died.

Last night we went downtown Ft. Wayne to check out this huge winter house display. It was really pretty, all Department 56 house from Hallmark. Of course the hit of the night was the display with the, can you guess, train. All three of them would have watched it for hours I think. Then we went to the new library, which is just huge. There was lots for the kids to do and would be a great day outing for me and the kids. After a few wrong turns (just love all those one way streets), we finally made it to Coney Island. It is a Ft. Wayne landmark. We all enjoyed our coney dog, Ethan had 2. I won't comment on how many Andrew and I had or how many we wanted to have. It was a really fun night out with the kids.

===========================================

Ethan just cracks me up;

Yesterday Elizabeth woke up crying and grumpy after her nap, which is not uncommon for her. She is a ray of sun shine in the morning, but not after a nap. He turned to her and said "Elizabeth that is enough drama". I wonder where he heard that from.....
Then they were playing with the bean bag and Elizabeth came crying to me. I said Ethan what happened, why is Elizabeth crying. He replied "Ah...Elizabeth doesn't want to be jumped on." At least he was honest, we have been working on that.

=========================================
I was talking with Elizabeth this afternoon. I asked her "what did you learn at BSF today". She got a big smile on her face and said "cow cow, Moses cow" Her answer was right on target, they learned about the Isrealites building the idol of a golden calf. It is amazing what they can learn and process even when they are not even talking yet.

No comments: