Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bible Class

Here is what we have been learning during our Bible time of school...

We are finishing up the book of Acts.

Fruit of the Spirit
Galatians 5:22
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control

Armor of God
Ephesians 6: 10-11, 13-17

Finally, be strong in the Lord and the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and as shoes for you feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

The kids are doing really good on the verses. Ethan has almost all of the Ephesians verse down. Of course since it was about armor and swords he was into it. Ethan's favorite verse is the one about the "flaming darts". Kristy let us borrow a great Armor of God game, which we play after dinner. We also dressed our soldier each day with the armor.

Thanks to a Steve Green song the Fruit of the Spirit verse was easy for them. Elizabeth even has this one down. It was fun to do a daily study of each Fruit and fill our fruit basket.

I'm planning on starting back in Genesis and working back through the Bible again. For our in dept Bible time I'm going to go through "Helping Children Understand the Gospel". I already read through this with Ethan, which I think had a big part in his decision to ask Jesus into his heart. I'm hoping that Elizabeth will understand some of it and that Ethan will grow deeper in his faith. I haven't decided about a verse to work on this month. I like to have them learn big chunks of scripture....maybe a Psalm about thanksgiving Ps150.

No comments: