Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gingerbread Festival

The Gingerbread Festival started last night so we packed up and headed downtown. It was a perfect night for it, cold and snowy. Once again there were hundreds of beautiful houses, and a very long line to see them. It was worth the wait and we all enjoyed the hard work that so many people put into their houses. On the way home we stopped at Menards so Andrew could run in to get something he needed for his motorcycle. When Andrew came back out to the car to head home we were surprised by the fact that....the car wouldn't start. After a few minutes of Andrew looking under the hood, he decided it was a fuse and jumping wouldn't help. After a few more minutes of looking under the hood, he decided that maybe we should try to jump it. Nothing! Now what to do...it is 9:45 Menards is closed, it is cold and windy out, we have 3 small kids and are about 6 miles from home. While Andrew was working and thinking the kids and I were praying. I asked Andrew if we should call someone, and then God brought Mrs. Ruble to mind. I had just talked to her last week, so her number was fresh in my mind. Thankfully she was home and was more then willing to come get us and take us home. A most memoral end to our Gingerbread Festival night. The kids were recalling God's goodness to us with thanksgiving as we were tucking them into their cozy beds. "I'm so thankful that God gave us warm coats, I"m so thankful that God made Daddy wise, I'm so thankful that God brought Mrs. Ruble to pick us up, I'm thankful I got to see Mrs. Ruble, I'm thankful for my warm bed......" What a great lesson God taught us last night!







This is the Flegge girls house
They won 1st place again.




No comments: